We're excited to invite you to our first Instagram Live event on the Halal Dinner Club Instagram page. Dr Nadia Ahmed is a loyal member of the HDC team, a bubbly, proud northerner, baking queen extraordinaire and a big fan of all things Bollywood. She strives to be on the GBBO very soon - watch this space!
Nadia is going to soon be starting her new post as a Consultant Orthodontist (iA!) and amongst other things will be chatting about her career journey, resilience, and her life as a trainee in the NHS.
Things you need to do!
1) follow us on Instagram (@halaldinnerclub)
2) gather your ingredients
- 125g unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 125g sugar
- 125g golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 400g self-raising flour
- 125g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
You will also need:
- A rolling pin, and board or clean work surface.
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- A biscuit cutter (will use a star but you can use any shape you wish)
- Small bowl or Pyrex jug for making icing
3) Join us at 7pm on the 23rd of December on our Instagram page (@halaldinnerclub). See you there insha'Allah!