Last week I had the pleasure of participating in a retreat run by Concordia at Sharpham House in Totnes, South Devon. The retreat was attended by delegates from all over the world including the United States, Holland, and Germany. Throughout the retreat, I ran workshops on a number of topics designed to 'open doors' and help close off others. The topics I covered included:
Increasing love in your life
- A close look at healthy shame and its distinction from toxic shame
- Understanding and accepting oneness over duality
Facilitating self-love and loving others
Confidence and self-esteem
- Focusing on evaluating the group's skills and abilities.
- Looking at the nature of emotions in the midst of crises
- Letting go of attitudes, beliefs, and memories that keep us stuck, and how that allows us to live in flow
Throughout the retreat, I was able to support participants with many impromptu coaching sessions on a variety of topics. These sessions opened up space for delegates to grow and to move forward with new-found perspectives in their respective lives.
It was apparent to me all the way through the retreat that no matter which corner of this beautiful planet we come from, we are all fundamentally the same. It was also a privilege to see that a little guidance can go a long way in helping people craft their lives to bring more joie de vivre and vitality.
A huge thank you to Concordia for inviting me, and to Sharpham House for hosting us in their beautiful surroundings.